Female-to-male (FTM/N) chest surgery is a specialized procedure that’s available in limited regions globally. Many of our patients who don’t live locally start the process via our virtual consultation option. This is a process where you send photos through a secure website and our patient coordinator then contacts you to schedule a phone call or video conference with Dr. Mosser. There is no charge for a virtual consultation. Our usual consultation fee of $150 is waived for all virtual consultation patients.
Please note that you are not required to take any of the steps laid out below – we will be in touch with you regardless. But if you’d like to get your journey started right now, the process is outlined below and you can begin right away.
For information about insurance coverage, please email our insurance concierge, Jennifer at email@example.com.
Please send her the following information:
1. Full Legal Name
2. Full Preferred Name
3. Preferred Pronouns
4. Date of Birth
5. Procedure(s) you are looking to have covered
6. Scan of your insurance card (both front and back)
7. Therapist/Doctor letters of support for your surgical procedures. These letters should state clearly that you have gender dysphoria related to the area you are interested in changing surgically, and that you meet WPATH criteria for surgery.
8. Best telephone contact number (please verify if it is okay to leave a message)
To start a virtual consultation please click on this link https://www.remedly.com/invite/08713 to create a login on the secured website. Go to Online New Procedure Consults to upload photos (front, left and right side) and complete your medical history forms in the Medical History Tab. Once you have submitted photos and completed your medical history our office will contact you to schedule a mutually convenient time for you and Dr. Mosser to talk on the phone.
To get the most out of your virtual consultation with Dr. Mosser, we ask that you complete the following steps first:
1) Review and fill-out the “Patient Information” and “Clinical History” form. You can download and print these forms in our Patient Forms section. Once completed, you will need to email, fax or mail them to our offices in advance of your consultation:
Scott W. Mosser, M.D.
450 Sutter Street, Suite 1000
San Francisco, CA. 94108
Fax: (415) 398-7784
2) To make an accurate assessment, Dr. Mosser will need to evaluate the physical appearance of your chest. For this reason, we ask that you email photos of your chest prior to your virtual consult. Your photos should be taken in good lighting with a neutral, solid background. We need front and side photos (left and right), as well as 45 degree diagonal photos.
The consultation process is about building trust and a good rapport with Dr. Mosser as well as having all your questions answered. Being completely informed about the process allows you to make the best possible decisions about your surgery. Virtual consultations can be carried out over the phone or through video conferencing. During your consultation, it is important to be honest about your goals and expectations. You should also come prepared to discuss your medical history.
This information coupled with the photos you’ve provided in advance will help Dr. Mosser determine if surgery is right for you. After your consultation, if Dr. Mosser feels you are a good candidate, our patient coordinator will contact you with a quote or more details about insurance approval and further planning details for your procedure, including travel and accommodation.
It is important to note that most patients must arrive in the San Francisco area within a day or two of their procedure for a pre-operative visit. Following surgery, Dr. Mosser recommends that most patients stay in-town for at least 7 days to monitor their health.
Are you ready to take the next step? Contact the offices of board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Scott Mosser to schedule a consultation for FTM/N surgery in San Francisco. You can reach us between 9am and 5:30pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday at 415-780-1515. We look forward to helping you on your journey.